Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College, Sylhet is situated in divisional headquarter of Sylhet Division and located at Ragib-Rabeya Medical College Road, Pathantula, Sylhet, Bangladesh. Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College, Sylhet which is about 225 km from Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh. Sylhet is the land of saints and sufis and may be termed as the spiritual center of Bangladesh. It is surrounded by lush tea gardens, hills and valleys in a picturesque landscape. It has excellent rail, road, air and river communications linking with capital City Dhaka as well as Port City Chittagong. It takes only 22 minutes by air from Dhaka to Sylhet and 41/2 hours by road.
The College Accommodation :
The college has two 10 storied twin towers near the hospital building. Six floors of each building are now completed and the remaining four floors of each building are to be completed very soon. At present the college has 3,64,600 sq ft. After completion of the 10 storied twin tower the total floor space of the college will be 5,13,300 sq ft.
Year of Establishment:1995
Founder: Janab Dr. Ragib Ali – A renowned Philanthropist
Permission of The Gover: Permanent permission.
Affiliated With : Affiliated with Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet (A renowned public university).
Enlisted in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). Required to apply in USMLE examination by ECFMG, USA for job/post graduate training in the USA and North American countries.
Postgraduate training in the hospital is recognized by Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons (BCPS) in the following departments; which is required for post graduate study:
|03. Obs. & Gynae
|11. Dermatology & Venereology
|12. Physical Medicine
|13. Radiology & Imaging
- Medical Education Unit with modern equipments
- Common rooms for male and female students
- Annual Magazines and wall magazines
- Debates and Seminars
- Games and Sports (indoor & outdoor)
- Incentive for teachers for their research works and publications.
- Guest house
- Study tour
Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College, Sylhet is situated in the divisional headquarter of Sylhet Division of Bangladesh and located at Tarapur, about 2 (two) kilometers north of river Surma about 1 (One) kilometer west of holy shrine of Hazrat Shahjalal (Rh.). Sylhet is the land of saints, green trees, hillocks and valleys. It is about 250 kilometer from Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh. It has excellent rail, road, river and air communication with the capital city of Dhaka and port city of Chittagong. It takes only 35 (thirty five) minutes by air and 5 hours by rail and road from Dhaka.
Instructions for the intern doctors ( College and Hospital Rules)
All intern doctors are to carry their “IDENTITY CARDS” & will wear an apron when in the college & hospital.
No intern doctor will cause any blemish to college & hospital or do any act of indiscipline or will instigate others to do such acts.
Violation of this will be considered as misconduct.
Each intern doctor will have to remain present for any duty ordered by the authority and will not leave the place without the permission of the authority.
No intern doctor will stay in the hospital except during the time of duty without permission of the authority.
All intern doctors will perform duties during working and holidays according to the duty roster made by the director.
Each intern doctor during his/her tenure of training will get 15 days leave on special circumstances, but will not get leave for more than 03 days at a time.
If any inter doctor remains absent for maternity, she will perform duties for the same duration, after she rejoins training, she will not get any remuneration/honorarium during this period of absence.
Intern doctors will not make any application for any matters jointly.
Except through proper channels, intern doctors will not communicate with higher authority.
Punishment-Intern Doctors for Misconduct:
Through the suggestion of disciplinary council and decision of the academic council following punishments can be awarded:
- His/her remuneration/honorarium can be deducted partially.
- Total remuneration/honorarium can be deducted.
- Provision of remuneration/honorarium can be cancelled.
- For the period of absence without leave (AWOL) his/her remuneration/honorarium may be deducted.
- His/her internship training can be cancelled totally
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE STUDENTS (COLLEGE RULES) –
- All students are to carry their “IDENTITY CARDS” when in the college.
- All students are to attend classes in clean well pressed white apron with their identity card on the left front side of the apron.
- Indecent, fancy dress, untidy hair, slippers are not allowed.
- Rings, Bangles should not be worn in the practical classes.
- Pasting of posters, graffiti’s on the walls of the college and the hospital building and/or hanging posters in the college and in the hospital premises are prohibited. These are considered as acts of indiscipline and the concerned student will be liable to punishment.
- All types of demonstrations, processions, shoutings in the college and hospital premises are prohibited and students involved in these are liable to be expelled from the college.
- Abstinence from the classes individually or in group or in a mass without permission are punishable by imposition of daily fine of Tk. 100/- individually. Guardians will be informed of such acts of their wards.
- On admission into the college the students’ parents/guardians will have to sign an undertaking that their ward will abide by the rules and regulations of the college. Any violation of the college rules and discipline are liable to punishment or even cancellation of their studentship. The decision of the academic council will be final.
- Every student shall posses all the prescribed text Books, Dissecting instruments, Medical Equipments etc. The college will not provide these to the students.
- Cost of loss/damage to college/hospital property by the student is liable to be realised from the concerned student.
- Political activities by any student is not permitted.
- The student must inform the college authority the current mailing address, telephone number etc of his/her parents/guardians.
Students are allowed to use the library. They may sit there and study. Home issue of books are not permitted.
Students must observe strict discipline in the college. On disciplinary grounds the following penalties may be imposed on a student (depending on the gravity of offence)
– Expulsion from the college.
Penalty/penalties imposed on a student will be recorded in his/her transcript/ testimonial.
If a student’s name is removed from the College Register due to nonpayment of dues he/she may be re-admitted provided the student pays the full arrear dues and fine of Tk. 7500/- within 3(three) months of removing the name.
If a student remains absent for more than three months but less than twelve months he/she may be readmitted on recommendation of Academic Council on full payment of arrear dues plus fine of Tk. 10,000/-. However, if a student remains absent for more than twelve months he/she will not be admitted into the college except on special permission from the Academic council.
- MBBS Course will be of 05 (five) years duration plus 01 (one) year Internship Training.
- There will be 04 (four) professional examinations during the MBBS course.
- At the end of 1½ years – First Professional
- At the end of 2½ years – Second Professional
- At the end of 3½ years – Third Professional
- At the end of 5 years – Final Professional
- There will be 02 (two) Professional examinations in one year
- In 1st week of May
- In 1st week of November
- BGC Trust Medical College
- Diabetic Association Medical College
- Sylhet Women’s Medical College
- Southern Medical College
- Islami Bank Medical College
- International Medical College
- Marks Medical College
- Dhaka National Medical College
- Popular Medical College
- Brahmanbaria Medical College
- Uttara Adhunik Medical College
- Enam Medical College and Hospital
- Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College
- Community Based Medical College
- Ibn Sina Medical College
- Shahabuddin Medical College
- Barind Medical College
- Monno Medical College
- Parkview Medical College
- H. Sikder Women’s Medical College
- Tairunnessa Memorial Medical College
- Kumudini Women’s Medical College
- Delta Medical College
- Central Medical College
- Eastern Medical College
- Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College